- Because they rely on human intervention, tapes might not be changed due to absence or forgetfulness.
- A vast percentage of businesses that use tape do not store a copy offsite, which makes their data susceptable to fire, flood, theft, etc.
- Due to their construction, tapes are sensitive to a number of factors (heat, cold, etc) which can cause early failure. Unfortunately, most companies find out that their tapes have corrupted only when they need them most - to recover after a disaster.
- A backup set that spans over a number of tapes increases the potential for data loss - one bad tape can corrupt the entire backup set. More tapes in the set means more chances for this to happen.
Protect yourself with the BCM Offsite Backup System and put your mind at ease.
- Fire and forget. BCM Offsite Backup System is automatic - there's no human intervention required. Once the backup has been configured, it runs automatically each night.
- Nothing to break. Your data is sent to our secure server over the Internet, which means there's no moving parts to break down or wear out.
- Your data is encrypted during transmission. BCM Offsite Backup System uses strong 1024-bit encryption (the same kind your bank uses) to keep your data private and safe during its journey from your system to ours.
- Smaller daily backups. Only the files that have changed since your last backup are transferred, and then only the new data is sent to our servers, to keep your bandwidth usage as low as possible.
- Instant access. With a tape backup system, one often has to either restore an entire data set or spend up to 2 hours to recover a single file. With BCM Offsite Backup System, you have instant access to your files so you can download exactly what you need from home, the office, or abroad.
- Cheaper than tape.
• Average cost of tape drive (approximate life span 3 years): $1500
• Set of six tapes and Cleaning Tape: $550
• Maintenance: $500
Annual cost of Tape Backup System: $2550
Annual cost of BCM BackupPremium: $599
Best of all, it's affordable.There are four packages available:
BackupLite is designed for the home user or for an executive that wants to back up their essential files from their laptop. This package includes the following features:
BackupSOHO is designed for the small to medium office. This package includes the following features:
BackupPlus is designed for the small to medium office with larger data storage needs. This package includes the following features:
BackupPremium is designed for the office with larger server storage needs. This package includes the following features: